• -30%

Sonoma Coast - California

Chardonnay 2021

01C.075.CHA.21
Ready to be shipped
25 Items
25.90 € 37.00 € -30%
Tax included

Description

CHARDONNAY
Sonoma Coast, California
GRAPE VARIETY
Chardonnay 100%
TASTING NOTES
One of the largest AVAs in Sonoma County, the Sonoma Coast Appellation stretches from San Pablo Bay in the south to the Mendocino County border in the north and extends mainly along the mountainous Pacific Ocean coast. The Sonoma Coast AVA is a large growing region known for its strong maritime influence that provides a cool climate year-round, with fog moderating the hottest summer temperatures. Because of its unique geography and climate, the Sonoma Coast has proven to be one of the most important Chardonnay-producing regions in the world. The Sonoma Coast had an excellent season in 2021. A relatively dry winter with dry conditions, followed by a cold spring that led to frosts before and after budding. Warm weather in mid-August encouraged early ripening, which led to lower yields but created intense aromas and flavors in the grapes. The 2021 Sonoma Coast Sonoma Coast harvest began on August 26. Once harvested, the grapes are gently pressed and the must is allowed to rest for 24 hours before being racked into oak barrels for fermentation. The woods used are 75% French oak and the remaining 25% American oak. Fifteen percent of the barrels are initially co-inoculated with a strain of house malolactic bacteria, which are then used to top off the rest of the entire batch at the end of primary fermentation. The lees from each barrel are stirred once or twice a month to give the wine more consistency. The finished wine is aged on the lees for 7 months before blending and final bottling. Aromas of Meyer lemon, pear, and white owers are supported on the nose by subtle hints of oak. Followed by avors of crisp apple, tangerine, and pineapple. On the palate, the wine is concentrated and juicy with a lingering nish.

Technical Sheet

La Crema Chardonnay

Product Details

Vintage
2021
Bottle Size
0.750 L
Alcohol content %
13,5
Package
Bottle
Color
White
Main Grape Variety
Chardonnay
Appellation
Sonoma Coast
Municipality
Windsor
District
Sonoma County
Region
California
Oregon
Country
USA
Allergens
Contains Sulfites
Decanter
90
Wine Enthusiast
92
25 Items

Technical Sheet

You might also like

Our last Google reviews

 

Customers who bought this product also bought:

La Crema

La Crema Discover La Crema winery in California and its fine wines in our online store La Crema winery was founded in 1979, before the Russian River Valley became the most famous production area for Chardonnay and Pinot Nero in all of California. In 1993 Jess Jackson bought the estate and, thanks to the help of the famous winemaker Dan Goldfield , gave great impetus and vitality to wine production. La Crema soon expanded to include vineyards in Sonoma County, Mendocino and Monterey. In 2012, the borders of California were crossed to acquire several hectares of Pinot Noir in Oregon. These wine-growing areas are united by the particularly cool temperatures , the breezy climate and the alluvial soil. The cellar techniques are traditional and enhance the terroir with the aim of enhancing qualitative excellence. The wines produced, fully reflect the territory of origin.
Product added to wishlist
Product added for comparison.